Wednesday, April 18, 2012

final extra credit blog

I have learned much more this semester than I thought i would. I learned that in poetry you can do almost anything you want with any kind of exercise. All the way from grabbing random words from a poem to stealing one line and using it to start off a story and just going. It's all about having an original idea and just building on it. I find this fascinating in that I always have a running imagination and this is a way where I can let it go and see where it takes me. This even goes for writing fiction stories. Because it's fiction it doesn't matter if certain parts don't make sense by themselves just as long as it works with the story. This opens up the door for infinite possibilities and anyone can make a great story.

I came from going to class being a chore to actually enjoying coming and talking about different stories and ideas. It's a place where anyone's opinion counts and nothing is judged, at least I don't judge. I can take concepts and ideas from this class and apply it to many other things. My favorite fiction story that I wrote is about the man making his own religion. It's exciting to take some idea or concept that I've seen and write a story that has that idea in mind but in a different way. This way of writing makes me realize how shows like "south park" come up with their ideas for their episodes. All it is some concept they take from real life and they exploit the flaws and comedy of it. I wish I was talented enough to consistently come up with ideas for stories and have them be good.

Overall I really enjoyed this class and I'm glad I could take something away from it. Most gen eds don't really have a point but if at some point in life I ever get bored with what i'm doing then I can just write short stories. It's entertaining and fun and who knows, maybe one day i'll have a story that's really good and I can publish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment